Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Countdown Week 17 ~ We're driving Cadillacs in our dreams: VWU

Time is going too fast. I can't seem to keep up with Elder Vester's blog. He better hear and get home!

*******************************************

So, I know the details have been lacking for the last few weeks. but I hope today makes up for that, Haha.
So.
I'm District Leader of a 4 man district. I'm stationed in Republic, Washington. My other half of the district is in Grand Forks, British Columbia. We've been together a lot this week, due to all the meetings that go down in the first part of the transfers, so It's been nice getting to know everyone.
My area, is HUGE.
It's larger than the state of Rhode Island.
Go figure.
It's a very slow area. Something that has been hard for me to adjust to. The people here are very hard hearted, and only look out for what they can get from people. So, to make up for that, we offer service to everyone we meet. Most people hit us up on that, and as a result, we spend more time in Service clothes, than church clothes. Haha. It's hard sometimes, and I have to make sure to let people know what I can, and cannot do. But, I am hoping with time that  the hearts of the people here will soften, and we can teach more. We are lucky if we get 1 lesson a day here.
The branch is very small here. We only had about 30 people that went to church on Sunday.
Speaking of which, I spoke!~ I had to talk about "Taking Chances" I was the last of 4 speakers, and I went over by about 10 minuets. Haha. I used the Book of Ester as my main example.
She had so much faith, and courage to go before the king to save her people. The bible does not talk too much about women, and Ester has an entire book just to her.
So, I think the Lord is telling us that she is important, and we should read from it, and that it would be valuable in our lives to have her story.
I know I learned a lot just by getting ready for that talk.
I know that when we really take a chance, not for yourself, but for the Lord, we will be rewarded. I have seen that time, and time again.
The Lord loves us, and watches out for us. And when we do what he wants of us, and really try our hardest, it shows. the Lord knows our hearts, and is able to see the things that we are unable to show other people.
The intent of our hearts is what really makes a difference. Like Paul said
"Where your heart is, there will your treasure be also."
And I am so grateful for the chance I have to serve here. It's hard, and a lot different from what I am used to. but I know that as I serve, I will be blessed.
I love you ALL, and I'll see you next week.
Also.
I'M DRIVING A BRAND NEW 2014 SUBARU LEGACY, WITH LESS THAN 8000 MILES ON IT.
HOLY COW I LOVE IT. IT HAS PADDLE SHIFTERS. <3
And a USB port, so I just plug in my music and drive~
Anywho.
Love you all!
Elder Vester

The end of the day, and we went tracting, and I found this. :D It;s super neato. 

For last p-day, we went on a nature hike! :D I loved it!


The Stienbahs were really amazing people. They helped me a lot, and I also miss them tons.

We also might have built a dam in a small creek. Haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment