Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Countdown Week 16 ~ Today, I go to Canada! VWU

Here is last weeks email. We are doing the countdown on the weeks now. Elder Vester is becoming a real farm boy!


*******************************************
So, TODAY, I'll be doing exchanges after p-day, and I FINALLY get to go to Canada! I;m super excited. I hear they have all kinds of delicious chips, and REAL CHOCOLATE. I'm excited.oh goodness yes.
And you guys like my legs? :D haha. I love these sandals. I wear them allll the time.
So, not too much has gone down since last Wednesday. 
This week has actually been really rough, missionary work wise. All, and I mean ALL of my appointments fell though this week. 
Yup.
It was either, people going to the hospital, canceling on us, or just plain not showing up.
However, I'm ok with it. 
Sometimes, the work is easier, and other times you feel like you are trying to stop a crashing tidal wave.
But, I've come to be grateful for the few chances a day I get to share the Gospel, and to teach with all my heart. Because I might not get to teach again for the rest of the day.
We've done sooooo much service, though.
This week, I helped butcher about 6 lambs. Oh. My. Goodness.
That was so hard core. I've never seen so much carnage, ever. I felt like a psycho as I took large knifes to cut off all the fat from the animals.
Haha.
It was awesome.
However, I've also learned that I do not like the flavor of mutton. It;s very.... Strange,
It makes a nice stew though.
Alright.
So, really. I guess because I've had do few teaching opportunities, it's helped me to focus a little more in my personal study on things that I want and need to know, rather than just my investigators.
I'm so grateful for the scriptures, and the wealth of information that they bring. I've had so many questions that I have needed answers to for several years answered this week.  And, I know it's because I was earnestly seeking for them.
So, I'll testify to the fact that God wants us to know his words, and he will reward us as we study.
I had the wonderful chance to finish the book of mormon, for the 3rd time in my mission. 
Oh how I love this book. Never has anything ever touched me the way this book does. I know it to be true.
There is no way that Joseph Smith wrote this. It was translated, by the gift and hand of God.
No evil man could write this, and no good man would.
I'm excited to start it over again, and see what the Lord has in store for me.
I love this church, ad I love this work.
I love you all, and I'll see you next week. <3
Tchau~
Elder Vester

Did I already show you my hair cut? I'm just super fresh.

you guys like my legs? :D haha. I love these sandals. I wear them allll the time. 

it was Padilla's birthday last week, so we had a bonfire. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment