Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Week 4

I can't believe it has been 4 weeks already. Just think after this week General Conference there will be 3 more Conferences and Elder Vester will be home, another way to look at it ~ 100 more weeks. Do you think I miss him???
Here is his letter for the week. Enjoy!

Week 4 I think?

Ola todos!
Hello everyone!
My week has been very long. But a very good one. The days are very long, but weeks are short.
And as a small side note, there is a Mail Strike going on in Brazil, so I have no idea how long it will take for letters to come and go.
Kinda a bummer, but I can't do anything about it. lol
So! This last week has been quite the challenge for me. We've been getting into some of the more knitty-gritty parts of Portuguese grammar that don't translate into English. It's been hard to wrap my head around it, but I know it will come with time.
It's been an easy week for teaching. Only 5 lessons this week, so it's nice to have a little slower pace.
Elder Johnson and I have hit a little bit of a road block with Regina, just trying to help her understand things.
But Alexandre is coming along well! He's worried that he does not know enough about the Gospel, and commandments to be baptized, but Elder Johnson and I plan to fix that this week. :D
Not much goes on here. We just get up, we study, we eat, we study, we teach, we eat, and then we study some more.
Sorry this week is so short, but if I had some wild tales to be telling, I don't think I would be focused on the right things. And the Lord is on my side, helping me every step of the way. I don't want to mess that up. lol
I'm loving every minute of my life, even if it's as hard as it is. I'm so excited to be a part of this work, and to bring others unto Christ.
Look am me being all churchy and whatnot~
I'm very excited for conference next week~! We're going to be watching in the big auditorio here, and that's not going to be very enjoyable. But I'm excited to hear from the Prophet.
It's wonderful to know that a Prophet of God is on the earth again, and receives revelation for our day.
My testimony of that has grown so much in the last few weeks. The Lord loves us so much!

Alrighty.
I'm out of time. <3 I love all of you so super much!
Ate semana!
~Elder Vester

No comments:

Post a Comment