Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Week 3

Here is Elder Vester's letter for the week. I am so glad that he is doing so well. Sounds like he is working hard and enjoying every minute of it. 
So I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

Bon dia saidju da sol~!
I'm up and running with my 3rd completed week in the CTM.
By far one of the most exhausting weeks I have had, but I'm loving every minute of it.
This last week I taught my first discussion without a script. (With Regina.) Elder Johnson and I taught the Restoration. It was a very challenging thing to do, but I thank the lord every day for the things I am learning here. Every time I stop, and look back at how far I have progressed in the last 3 weeks, it's amazing.
This truly is the Lord's work, and I am so grateful to be a part of teaching these wonderful people.
Regina is slowly but surely progressing with her lessons. She's very hard to teach. The language barrier is hard to get over. But I always feel the spirit so much when teach her, and I hope to challenge her to baptism soon.
Alexandre is also coming along. He told us that he was having some major financial problems, and that he hardly had enough money for his 2 kids to eat and have clothes. And as soon as he told me, the church's welfare program was brought to my mind, and somehow, the Portuguese words for "bishop and welfare" came to my mind. It's truly amazing to see just how much the lord is blessing me.
I may not be progressing as much as I would like, but I know more then I did the day before.
I'm slowly getting used to the idea of living in a big city. There are massive skyscrapers, and bunches of tiny cars everywhere we go. It takes us 45 minuets to go 10 miles because traffic is so bad. But, it's starting to grow on me.
TRC this week was wonderful. Rather then having other elders pose as investigators, there were members from the area who came in. I find it ironic that we did better at getting to know the actual people, Recadio and Semyone, better then we did for the teaching exercise. Fun times.
Not much has happened. Every day is the same. I spend about 9 hours in the classroom, studying the language, and It gets very hard sometimes. It's so very different from English.
But whatever. :D I'm loving everything.
I love all of you so much!
<333
Tchau!

No comments:

Post a Comment