Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Update - Week 2

Some updates - I have updated Elder Vester's mailing address. I added his Box# &  District #. Jacob e-mailed today and said that he hasn't received any mail yet. I have one in the mail and one ready to go, so he was excited to know that there was mail coming.
SOOO if you can please take the time and send him snail mail, I know he would really appreciate it and so would I. He really doesn't have time to read the e-mails right now. He is only given 30 mins on the computer once a week. A 1 oz letter to the CTM costs $1.05 in postage. I bit pricey but he is worth it. I have been checking his e-mails and printing them and mailing them to him for now.
Jacob sounds like things are going good for him. I am so proud of him and his desire to serve a mission even tho we miss him lots.

 Jacob's letter:

Ola world~

Week 2 has gone by much, much faster then week 1 did.
I had the opportunity to go to the Sao Paulo temple again this morning. It looks like I'll be able to do that every single P-day that I am in the CTM! It's such a pretty temple, gold leaf and stained glass everywhere. <3
But anywho.
This last week has been wonderful, and hard at the same time.  I'm still struggling with Portuguese, but I am learning more and more every day.
Progress has been made with Alexandre. c: He's really starting to see and understand more. I'm enjoying every lesson I get to teach to him.
I also have a new person I started teaching/ her name is Regina. She was referred to us by her friend Julia, and she's one of the sweetest ladies I have ever met. She's fairly young, mid 20s, and is very interested in the truth of eternal families. <3 I'm excited to teach her again this week.
I had my first TRC this week. It's elders who have been here for more then 7 weeks, will pose as investigators, and have us teach them a lesson, and it's filmed, so we can go back, and review where we messed up, or what we did well.
It's terrifying, but I enjoy it.
I also met Elder Oak's grandson this week. He's been here for 5 weeks, and is really nice. Always smiling, and willing to lend a helping hand.
Life in Brazil is so different from the comforts of America. Different food, different people, different ways of life, different everything!
But I do really love it here. I'm going out shopping today in town, and I'm really excited for that. They keep me couped up in my classroom for a good 9 hours of language study a day.
The Lord has already started to bless me with the Language. I've been worried that I am not learning enough, or keeping everything in line. but my first lesson with Regina really helped me a lot.
I went to go write down what I wanted to say, and I was able to write down almost half of the lesson just from the vocabulary that I have learned thus far.
The church is true. I know that for a fact. My testimony has grown so much in the last 2 weeks, and I'm excited to share the Lord's restored Gospel with Brazil.
It's hard, each and every single day. But I love this work, and I love this language. It's amazing to see the Lord's hand at work, and to know I am a instrument in the Lord's hands.
My time is almost up, so know that I love you all, and wish you the best from Brasil!
Te Amoruso
Elder Vester

No comments:

Post a Comment