Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Elder Vester's first week -

Hello everyone! Tuto Bam~!
It's been a very long week. Very first day they started all of us greenies on Portuguese. pardon my spelling, I've only 30 minuets to write all of this.
the first few days have been hard on me, very hard. I was frustrated with the language, and struggling to keep myself positive.
They would not let me write an email, or call anyone to let everyone know I arrived safely. But, they allowed me to write a letter, and it should have reached home by now.
Brazil!
It's so very different from the Arizona I know and love. Even the keyboard I am using is very different. I'm sure I'll figure out how to do all my Asian smiley faces sooon~
My companion is Elder Johnson, from Rexburg Idaho. He's got a very sweet disposition, and I could not have asked for a better companion to be in the Ce te emme with. (CTM, or MTC for all you Americans.)
This entire country is amazing. from my window, I can see the old, and very new, rich and poverty, humble, and proud.
Oh, by the way, I can't take pictures while I am in the ctm, otherwise you would be spammed to death with my photos.
I can already see the Lord blessing me. Elder Johnson and I have already began teaching an investigator, Alexandre (Allashandree). He is a single father of 2, Joao Paulo, and Carlos. Our first lesson was about Families, and how God's  love blesses families, and how the Gospel, evanglho, can bless families.
I noticed something was off, but said nothing about it.
The most recent lesson we tried to teach was about the Restoration. My companion was reading from the Preach my Gospel, and I noticed that Alexandre was close to tears. I asked him what was wrong, and he said that his kids were fighting a lot. He would take them to school, and they would fight, go to work and get yelled at, and come home to more fighting. It really broke my heart to see him as sad.
I did my best to tell him that Heavenly Father (Pai Celestial) and Jesus Christ love him, and love his sons, and that if he did his best to live the Gospel he would be blessed, and that families can be together, forever, and have eteral happiness in the life to come.
I've really grown a lot in the last few days, and I'm excited to interact with the Brazilians later today.
<3 Much love, for everyone.
tchau
Elder Vester

2 comments:

  1. Our family is so excited for Elder Vestor! Meg....I didn't realize how hard this is as a Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Xander. It is hard but this is where he is suppose to be. You will learn that soon enough. Glad that you have chosen to serve a mission. YOU will be great.

    ReplyDelete