Monday, April 28, 2014

Week 74 ~ A Week Of Tender Mercies: VWU

I had a nice email session with Elder Vester today. I love my time with him on Monday's. He is doing so well, makes me happy.

**********************************************

Well, this week has gone by sooooo fast. let me tell you.
I've had an amazing week. We've kept very busy, and I've got some great things I would like to share with all of you.
This has really been a week of tender mercies for me. I've felt my Savior's love so much, and I'm seeing his hand in many things. I'd like to share a few with you.
On last Monday, I had been emailing my mom. I was telling her about how I had failed to get Lynn's address, so I could send her a little box. Lynn has forgotten to send it to me for a few weeks now, and I was hoping that mom could do some recon for me throughout the week.
Well, as we were emailing, my mom, who works in the Ruth St. church, across the street from Prescott High school, had felt a prompting to go to the other side of the building, and look for a program. After a few minutes, she got up, went, and looked.
Low and behold, there was a single program, on the floor, by the coat rack. I was speechless. And that does not happen too often. This set the mood for the entire week.
My next one I would like to share, came in the form of a division we did with our Zone Leaders. On Wednesday, Elder White went over to Colville, and Elder Cordel came here. The entire day was a little frustrating. I do not know the area well, and we might have driven about 80+ miles trying to find people to teach. It turned out to be a good day though. At the very end, our only set appointment was the Riecker family. And you'll never guess what. They have a brasilian exchange student living with them. Her name is Joyce, and she's from Rio de Janeiro. And so, God blessed me with an opportunity to teach in the language I learned and loved for 16 months. I remember Stake President Montierth telling me to be prepared to teach in Portuguese, and I am so very grateful that I have had that chance to do so once again. God is good.
And the last one I want to tell you about, happened Saturday night.
I won't go into detail too much, But, I had the chance to feel the guiding, comforting, protecting love of my Savior. And how wonderful that was. He came to me in the time I needed him most, and he helped me in ways that no one else could. I was reminded about how important temple work is, and how protecting the covanents are, that we take upon upon ourselves in the temple. The Lord loves me, and knows me. And he has kept his protecting hand over me from the unseen evils that try to take this work down from the inside.
The Lord is in many, many things. I finally took the chance to stop, and to look, and see just how much the Lord has done. I can't help but feel overwhelmed when I see how much God cares for me, and see all that he puts into place for me. Even though I am so imperfect, Christ loves me perfectly.
Just as he does us all.
I love my Jesus.
I love my Heavenly Father,
And they both love me.
And you.
I can't complain. I love this work. I really do. I am so grateful for the wonderful tender mercy being sent here to the Spokane mission has been. This mission, and these missionaries have really helped me out. I've grown so much, and many wounds are healing now.
I now understand the purpose of mission work, and being a missionary.
I remember, about 10 months ago, I received an email, from a dear friend named Austin.  He had counseled me that "The measure of a missionary is not in the number of lessons he has, or how many people he baptizes. It's measured in the capacity he has to love and touch other people."
I now, can finally understand where this great missionary was coming from.
Only having been removed from the numbers race, and seeing people for who they really are, have I become fully converted to this work.
It's the best work in the world.
And I'll make these last 3 transfers count.
I love you all so much. Thank you for all the support and love each and every single one of you give me.
I can feel your prayers, and love.
I wish you well, and to look for the tender mercies God has given you this week.
I promise you, that as you do so, that you will find a greater increase of love, blessings, and awareness of the hand of God in your life. I promise you that you will feel the Savior close to you as you seek to find His little gifts he gives you.
Take care.
Love
~Elder jacob Vester
 
I got harry potter stamps~! The next 20 letters I send out will be rocking the best stamps ever. (So, maybe you guys should write me more?)

I got my English name tags!

This morning, I went on a hike with the Sowards. This here is Sheep Creek Falls.

The Sowards.

We went and explored an old catholic church this week. #selfies

I think says it all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment