Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Week 72 ~ On This Day of Joy and Gladness~ VWU

Here is Elder Vester's email this week. Is is doing really well.

*********************************************

So, this week has gone by SUPER fast, and really slow at the same time.
When we got to the house,  Elder White explained that he and Elder Herris, the elder here before me, had already Baptized all the people they were teaching, and that he and I would have to start from scratch,
Fine by me. It's what I do. :D
So, the entirety of this week has been getting to know members/less actives, and tracking.
We normally park our car somewhere, and we walk down a road, up the super long driveways, and knock on doors.
Knocking on doors is weird to me. I miss clapping at people and yelling OI DE CASAAAAAA~
but, it's all good.
We've met some interesting people. A woman who goes around buying old homes, fixing them up, and putting shrubbery everywhere to beautify the town.
An older gentleman that restores houses, and worked for Hollywood as a electrical Grip, whatever that is. haha. (He also claims to have bigfoot pictures)
And the list goes on and on.
It's very different from what I am used to in Brasil, but I can love the work just as much, if not more. Only because I have a better attitude now. haha.
And so, the work carries on.
I would however, like to share something I have learned this week.
Never Give Up.
And, Never give up on the good times; Living it up is a state of mind, #spicegirls
But really. This week, the importance of enduring to the end has really touched me. And not just because we were tracking this week.
This week, I met a young man named Jerred Lloyd. He is a returned missionary from Brasil, and had to come home early because he had cancer in his leg. He spoke in sacrament, and shared a little of his story, along with siting examples of endurance from the bible, such as Joseph who was sold into Egypt, and Moses.
He, without knowing it, had answered several prayers that I have been praying since I left Brasil. the Lord has many tender mercies for all of us, and this week, I had the pleasure of feeling and seeing many of them. This young man had such an amazing spirit about him, and I made a goal right then and there.
I wanted to be like this returned missionary.
He had taken his trial, now going on to his 3rd surgery, and used it as a spring board for his testimony. When he spoke, he shared the love of the savior in every word.
That's what I want to be like.
This young man impressed me, and I have a lot of work to do. c:
It was also neato to speak to him in Portuguese. I'm getting a little rusty, I can tell. haha.
Ah! One last little thing.
This girl, about 16, came up to me, and asked if I had an older sister named Sarah, who lives in Mesa. Behold and lo, This girl was Riannha. She used to live in the apartment complex my sister managed, and it was super neat to see her again! She goes to the branch here, and I'm going to try to reactivate her mother.
No one can resist the vester~
Anywho. I love you all, and wish you a wonderful week.
God be with you,
And remember the true reason for Easter. <3
He has risen!
Love
Elder Vester

a super old car on a recent convert's front lawn

The charizard I made for Elder Christensen

The Spokane Temple

My desk!

some shots around my area


Elder White and I



My house

red velvet and Dr Pepper. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment