Monday, October 7, 2013

Week 57 ~ The Dengue Bug Bites Hard: VWU

Here is Elder Vester's email, he has been sick but sounds like he is on the mend. He seems to really like his companion and the area where he is at. I received a letter from him and he said that his apartment is small and when they arrived it was a mess, but they dug in and cleaned it up. He is doing a lot of walking, that is how he is able to keep his weight off. - Enjoy!

****************************************************************

This week has been a good one. First off, I'm very grateful for the chance I had to watch all sessions of general conference. There were many inspiring talks given that helped strengthen my testimony, as well as my missionary resolve. I hope to more fully work with the members, seeing as now I have an area where the members are willing to work.
Also the president realized how stupid it was, to not let the missionaries watch conference.So, double score. :D
I also might have caught dengue. I've been super weak, and I hope to get over that, sooooo, yeah. Not the best, but whatever; The best way to enter the summer if you ask my opinion.
This week in way of companionship has been very good. I could never ask for a more Christ-like and perfect companion. Elder Hidalgo is so kind, and humble, and always finding ways to serve me. I am really grateful to have both a good area, and a good companion at the same time. After training my son, I was pretty burnt out. But, I'm all ready and excited to go.  We've got a family of elects we are going to baptize. Their names are Marco, and Mariana.
Marco we found about a week ago. He was already taught by the missionaries for more then 3 weeks, and got cut for some reason. He was referred to us by a member in the same day we arrived. We visited, and he had a few questions about the law of chastity, and the word of wisdom, but after answering all his questions, he said he wanted to be baptized. He said that he knew Joseph Smith was a prophet, and he just need to get time off from work to go to church.
His Daughter, Mariana, is who surprised us. We visited with her quickly on Thursday night, and invited her to read the Book of Mormon, and to pray about it. Then, on Saturday, my companion, and district leader were doing contacts in between the conference sessions, and found Mariana. They asked if she had read. She said that she was 7 pages away from finishing the book.
This girl of 12 years old, felt the converting power of the spirit, as she read the entirety of the Book of Mormon, in less then 48 hours.
She asked to be baptized this Sunday.
And, lastly we have Deogo. He's a 13 year old boy, who has a lot of desire to join the church. His mother is against the church, and step-dad is an ex-member, now pastor for the Assembly of God, Bethlehem ministry.
We're working with them to soften their hearts, and we'll baptize Deogo, I'm sure of it.
So, that's all we have going this week.
I love you all, and wish you well, <3333
CHECK THE BLOG FOR PHOTOS. CUZ i'M OUT OF TIMEEEEE
Elder Vester


This road sign says "The good end", its at the farthest point in my area, up a mountain, more then a 2 hour walk. 2 hours momma. Up hill. I thought if fitting to take a tired photo.

We had a zone meeting in Nanuke

Mina Gerais, and I took advantage of the pretty scenery.

This is the Branch meets for Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment