Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Week 25 ~ So, no Worm, but maybe something else? :VWU

If I may, I would just like to say that if Elder Vester is doing his best, which he is, he will be fine. I think the Mission President is trying to tell the missionaries that it they don't have 2 baptism in a month, that he will interview them and see how he can help them. Maybe the translation of the language leads Elder Vester to feel that he might get sent home, but I don't think he will. He is doing his best. I know he would appreciate your prayers. He is a great missionary and this is a test in faith and trust. I am sure he will be fine. ~ his Momma


Lol. The Worm was actually just a cut. It went away after a few days.
However. My companion has some kind of contagious rash, so I might end up catching that? D:

This last week has been pretty rough. Elder Christensen has been sick almost all week, so we did not leave the house very much.
And to make it worse, President has been getting very upset at missionaries who have not baptized very well. We all got very angry emails this week. He said that if we do not start baptizing 2 people a month, we will be put in jeopardy of being sent home, and honors removed. I don't agree with this, but I can't do anything about it. I have not baptized someone in almost 6 weeks, and I'm very nervous. My zone leaders have been harping on everyone about getting baptisms. They came to our last district meeting, and they lost a lot of sight in my eyes. "We have one person who we are helping to stop smoking..." "Tell him he has 2 options. Stop, or not. Set a date with him for the 3rd of march." There are many more examples, but I'll stop complaining.
Needless to say, I believe that my mission leaders have lost sight of what is important. Our job is not just baptize baptize baptize, but to help strengthen the members, and reactivate less-active members. 
President Hinkley said that missionaries could baptize 1000 people a month, but if they do not stay active, all the work was for nothing.
So, I'm at a standstill. I'm honestly trying my hardest out here, and I know I need to do this work on the Lord's time.
But, I'm scared that I'll be sent home at the end of next month. President said that he will call in every elder that does not get 2 baptisms from now on, that they will have an interview, and will be reviewed if he should be sent home.
I got a bunch of valentines from Single's ward this week. ~ He is loved.
I'm trying my best here... But We'll see. I pray every day for the Lord to help our investigators, and to place people in our path who would accept the Gospel.  So far, my well has been empty.
I'm scared that my best is not acceptable enough for the Lord.
And so, I will work as hard as I can to baptize someone in the next 3 weeks. Otherwise, I'll be back at home.
Please keep me in your prayers.
Wish me luck.
Élder Vester

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I met Elder Vester yesterday, he's a funny guy, he did talk thet will do a cosplay to me. I'm from Vitória.

    ReplyDelete