Thursday, January 3, 2013

Week 17 ~ Suffer The Little Chrildren to Look at my Photos: VWU

Brazilians think I'm nuts, and they love me. :D I'm totally OK with that.
That's Bruno, Deivyson, Daniel, and Isadora.
They all love my photos. lol


We really enjoyed talking to Jacob at Christmas for 2 1/2 hours on Skype. It was wonderful. He is doing really well and we could hear him speaking Portuguese to the family were he was at, and it sounded good to me. We had all of his siblings on at the same time so he got to talk to them all. What a blessing modern technology is!

Here is his email:

This week has been an interesting one.
It's been an exercise in patience, and obedience; that's for sure.
There are some problems with the Leadership;  But, I know that if I am obedient, I will be blessed.

But! Its New Years Eve! Today marks exactly 1 year of Haddad Household in my life. <3
The Haddads are an incredibly special family. I was blessed to share a friendship with their 2 youngest sons, Jacob and Luke, now serving missions, and they turned out to be some of the most strengthening people I could have asked to help prepare me for my mission. Being a missionary now, I can truly appreciate just how open and loving their home is, and how they came to be like 2nd parents to me. When I was not at my house, or with my family, I was with the Haddads, and that has made a huge difference for me.

This family is only 2nd in influence to my own mother and father. It took me moving to another country to realize just how wonderful my parents are. My mother has an amazingly tender heart, something I've tried to inherit, and my father a deep knowledge of the Gospel; Something I'll get with time. But nevertheless, this experience has forced me to look back, and realize how supportive they have been, and just how truly beautiful homes built with a gospel foundation are. I am so grateful that I was able to Skype my family. It really helped me get back on track, and ready to work. Thanks guys. c:

So, complaining naggy time.
Our shower is still broken, our sink still leaks, I smell like icky all the time, all my clothes are in the wash and I'm wearing a long sleeve shirt, my companion does not have a chair anymore, and we've been studying on our couch, and blah blah blah my needs.
Elder Jones does not like it when I complain. >_>
ANYWHO.
Internet is janky as Wilma, and It keeps going down. 
I hope all of you have a wonderful new year, and remember the love of our savior in our lives. <3
Feliz Ano novo para tudo mundo!
Com Amor
~Élder Vester
Scripture case
This is Sister Oliver. She's the first missionary I met on the way to Brazil.
She's currently serving in Salvador Sul.
Christmas Eve with the District!
Daniel really likes Pokemon. :D I support it.

 Beaded Brazil ring

No comments:

Post a Comment