Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Week 20 ~ 100% Jesus!: VWU

At least Elder Vester still has a sense of humor!


I love Brazil. Jesus is everywhere! :D

So, sorry for the last week's email being all sad and depressed. I remembered that I am a child of God and he loves me and I am a child of a loving mother. <3 Love you momma. <3

Kinda a rough week. There are a lot of people going through a lot of trials, and the missionaries are adorable fluffy little targets.
As far as work updates, we lost 2 more people. One, because she is too mentally ill, and the other... I dunno?
All in all, I can't complain. c: I love this work.

This week, I have grown a lot. I've learned, once again, just how beautiful the love of the Savior is. I have this shawl that my seminary teacher gave me 2 years ago. It has special meaning for me, and even when it's hot, I sit and use it. Every time I use it, I am reminded of the lesson she taught when she gave each of us a hand knitted shawl. And every time I do, I remember just how beautiful our Savior is. I forget sometimes, and when I am feeling sad, I sit, read my Scriptures, and use my shawl.
The scriptures are a fountain of spiritual water. I have come to love, and crave my hour every morning that I have to study the Lord's Words. I learn new things every time I read, and every time I read, I feel the support of the spirit. Truly the support of the Lord can not be described.
The scriptures are who I run to. They have the words of my older brother Jesus Christ, and the words of our Father, God. I read of God's love for us. So great and marvelous, that he was willing to let his son live a perfect life, and die for us. And how great is the love of our Savior, that he was willing to lay his life down, so that we might be able to return home to the God who gave us Life. 
I can't help but feel my heart sway with devotion to them. I love it.

Everyone. God loves you. Jesus Loves you. And I love you. <3
Thank you for everything. I have felt strength in the prayers that you offer in my behalf. This week has truly been wonderful.
<3
Até aproxima semana!
Com amor
~Élder Vester

No comments:

Post a Comment