Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Week 16 ~ We survived! Parabens! Also, Feliz Natal :VWU

Remember, the world was suppose to end on Dec 21? That is what Jacob was referring to about "We survived!"
This has been a great week. I got to e-mail Elder Vester on Monday and then we talked to him, via skype for over 2 1/2 hours on Christmas. He looks great and he is talking in Portuguese. Though he did speak to us in English, which was a good thing. This will have to carry me until Mother's Day.

Here is e-mail and pictures:

Merry Christmas everyone!
It's about 87 degrees here (25 c) and I'm enjoying the cool.
This week has been a fast one!
This is Amanda, that was baptized
We had 1 baptism. c: Her name is Amanda. She is a young woman who has been taught for the last several months, and her mom refused to give permission for her to be baptized.
This 12 year old young woman asked her mother if she could trade her Christmas presents for a baptism, and the mother agreed.
I have been incredibly touched by this young girl's desire to fallow Christ. That's why I'm out here, to help people come to love their savior, and this girl taught this lesson to me with her silent example, and burning desire to do what is right.

Amanda's family
It's truly amazing to see just how amazing the faith of the rising generation is. I am strengthened every time I think of this amazing young girl, and her faith.
Christmas truly is a time for miracles, and remembering our lord and savior, the redeemer, Jesus Christ.

I was very much reminded of a very special recent convert back in the states this week. Her name is Nicole.
I've had about 3 investigators tell me they could not get baptized yet, because they did not have the support of their families. It's a huge roadblock, because many people are devout Catholics. And Family is everything here.

This amazing woman, faced 2 weeks of hardships, because her family did not approve of her joining the church. I remember the Coordination meeting we had with the missionaries just before, and we went to WalMart to see her.
This woman is an amazing example to me of faith. She knew what she had to do, and she fallowed through with baptism, and I am proud of her Love for the savior. She is a very dear friend, and I love her dearly. Thank you for your example Nicole. You are a blessing to everyone who knows you, and all the Brazilians love your tie. <3

Alrighty!
Until next week, I'll be thinking of you all fondly. <3
Love you all!
The Moças~
I like puppies. :D
This is my "family" Elder Richerds (My uncle) Elder Pettit (My grampa) Jones (My dad) and me.
(Little training jokes. lol)
Com Amor
Élder Vester

No comments:

Post a Comment