Monday, August 11, 2014

Countdown Week 6 ~ Simply Put, FULL STEAM AHEAD! VWU

It is hard not to get excited about Elder Vester coming home, 41 days! I will miss his emails!

***************************************************
This week flew by! Normally the last week of the transfer takes forever to go by. But this week was an exception.
We had a lot of fun this week, for sure. Elder Naranjo and I are the most dynamic companionship I've ever seen. Haha. I'm really grateful I get to spend my last 6 weeks here, in this area, with him. Normally I have a track record of getting a good companion for just a few weeks, and then getting stuck with someone who is hard to work with. So, It's nice to see the streak has been broken.
It's actually kind of surreal to be entering my last transfer. I wonder if this is what it's like to be entering the last term of your 7th year at Hogwarts? Like, it's nice it'll be over soon, but you don't want it to end?
I don't know. But, either way. I am so grateful for it all. I'm not sure what the next 6 weeks will bring me, but I am excited all the same.
I'm so excited for Sunday! Not only will it be Potluck, but most importantly it will be Tim and Joanne's Baptism. On Sunday, she was feeling up to going to church, and she went around inviting everyone to her baptism, and telling everyone how she's quit smoking, and it did my heart good to see how well the members are accepting them into the ward family.
It's been a very, very long time since I last had an investigator start calling me their child, and now Tim and Joanne have started calling us their children. I'll have to come visit these wonderful people.
if there is one thing that I feel I have really felt and learned this week, it's that God our Father, and Jesus our Savior, know us and love us.
In church this week, the poem "Footprints in the Sand" was read.
This has to be one of my favorite poems ever. Every time I hear it, I can't help but feel the spirit, and I love it.
I was reminded just how close our savior is to us. He takes us by the hand, and guides us. And in the moments we don't think we can make it anymore, he picks us up and carries us, and most of the time we don't even notice. It's only till after, when we have been through it, and we look back, and we see just how much he really does guide and carry us.
This is something I have seen in my mission, now as I come to an end.
There have been many times that he has carried me.
And I am no special case. he loves you, just as much as he loves me. 
So, look for the single pair of footprints, and thank him for the moments he sacrificed for us.
I love it.
I know this is the true church, and that God guides and directs this church by the hand of a modern day prophet. 
I know the atonement is real, and that Jesus has given his all for us.
I love you all, and I'll see you next week!
~Elder Vester

So, this is the fabled Joanne!

She put this sign up about a week ago. I just HAD to get a picture of her with it. Is this what it feels like to be a successful state side missionary? because it's totally awesome.

We also  had Zone Meeting this week, and we took our last zone picture because transfers. It's pretty great. :D

And look! This is my area. It's actually pretty clear in this photo. I thought the sun looked cool. So I took this. Haha. the fire is just about 10-15 miles away from here. I'm awaiting the Evacuation notice. YEAH~

AND SELFIESSSS

No comments:

Post a Comment