Thursday, August 28, 2014

Countdown week 5 ~ Today Is A Good Day, To Have A Good, Good Day: VWU

Sorry I got behind. I don't have much longer to do this. I have to stay on top of it.

*********************************************************

This is Tim and Joann. I'll talk about them in a sec.
So, this week has been good. I've seen the hand of the Lord working, and sustaining many. Tim, Joann, and myself included. The Lord understands my weaknesses, and even still is willing to work with me. I have seen so many small miracles this last week. It has been so humbling to be able to be here, at this time, and have these experiences. I have said this once before, but I'll say it again. I love being a missionary. Coming to this mission, and having had the experiences I have had HERE have been some of the most tender mercies I have ever received in my life.
In the book of Job it says "The good Lord giveth, and He taketh away"
I believe that this scripture call also say "The loving Lord exalts and humbles."
Heavenly father allows us to pass through some things, because he knows it will makes us better in the end, IF we allow it. In the missionary guide, Preach My Gosple, it says that "God rejoices with us in our triumphs and weeps with us in our sorrows."
Heavenly Father weeps when we suffer. He is our father, and he does not want to see us suffer. But, he knows it will be good for us. We would learn, and so he lets us suffer. Not because he likes to watch us squirm, but because it's the only way we can learn some things we need to know.
The Lord gives us trials, and the Lord, takes them away. And blessed be the name of the Lord for it!
It's taken me a long time to learn this, and somewhat understand it.
Besides, when you know that God loves you, then what else do you need to be happy? 
I love this quote from JK Rolling
"Rock bottom was the solid foundation, upon which I rebuilt my life."
So, at some point, we have to be taken to rock bottom, so we can have a solid foundation.
We have to meet the lowest point in our life, so we can lay the foundation stones of Faith, Love, Repentance, Good Works, and Saving Ordinances. 
Ok, I'm done now.
The week really was amazing though.
Tim, decided that he was not quite ready for baptism. And much to my surprise, he followed up his comment with "I WELL be baptized in the future, but I need to find some answers first."
So, even if I don't get to see his baptism as an Elder, I'll get to see it as Jacob.
The actual baptism was wonderful. The spirit was so strong, and it was so meaningful to see how much support Joann has been receiving.
And whats more, Joann has already began doing missionary work herself. 
This last week, she told us of a friend of her's named Rick. She told us that he needed to talk to us.
One thing led to another, and Rick is now a new investigator. 

One thing is for sure.
I never regret for even a second my choice to finish my mission. (both times I had to make that choice. 6 months ago, and 3 weeks ago.)
Thank you all for all the prayers that have been offered on my behalf. 
You're the best.
We will see what this week brings us.
After all, I only have 4 more "Vester Weekly Updates" to write.
I love you all, and I'll see you next week!
Love
Elder Vester
 
 
 
Cleaning the font! One of my favorite parts of getting ready for a baptism! Mostly because I get to play in the water. Haha!


And this is a list of things to not buy in bulk. It came from a very sleep deprived Vester and Naranjo on Saturday. Haha

This is Tim, Joann, Brother Andreas, and us.

Joann and Brother Andreas

No comments:

Post a Comment