Thursday, August 28, 2014

Countdown Week 4 ~ Ice Bucket Challenge Week! VWU

Here is Elder Vester's email from this week. He is doing really good considering the condition he is in. His procedure done in January doesn't seen to hold. I am not sure that he should have been cut wood, tearing down a barn and putting up a fence. He is a real trooper and does what needs to be done. Sure love this missionary. Can't wait to have him home.

*******************************************************

So, this week was pretty uneventful.
LIES.
For some reason, that I can't comprehend, everyone has been throwing buckets of water on people.
And, we were asked to dump water on people from our 2nd story windows, not once, nor twice, but three times.
IT WAS AWESOME.
And then we got free food from the restaurant downstairs. I'm only assuming that happened because we were dumping the water onto Freckle's employees, and our landladies. 
So, that was kind of awesome.
There is also a new guy working there that showed some interest in the church, so with any luck, we'll get to teach him.
We had to go down to Spokane for a tri-zone conference. I'm not sure what to think of what happened there. haha. It was mostly mission politics, and that always messes with me for a few days. (I finally understand what one of my last companions meant when he said the mission conferences here makes him loose focus as a missionary. Haha.)
And as a random side note, the song "Derezzed" from Tron Legacy is a musical manifestation of my soul. It has been decided.

So, I guess this is the part where I say something spiritual. 
I guess, lets talk about my momma.
My mother has been the greatest strength to me on my mission.
She has always had the spirit so close to her, and she has always told me what I needed to hear. Sometimes, It was not what I wanted to hear, but my mothers letters have always been the most valuable treasures I have accumulated on my mission.
As of lately, they have been what has kept me going. I've had some experiences happen to me in the mission that have made me very critically think about why I am here, and if I am making the right choices, not only as a missionary, but as a son of God.
And every single time, my mom has come through, and has helped confirm that I have made the right choices. 
Doing what I am doing, and continuing to be a missionary.
I only have just a handful of weeks left that I get to teach this Gospel in this way, and I am going to fight it out to the bitter end, no matter what.
27 days.
I've made it 2 years, I can make it another month,
I love you all, and we shall see what this week shall bring for me.
Stay close, and talk to you soon!
~Elder Vester
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment