Monday, June 10, 2013

Week 40 ~ Brasil Loves it's Chocolate Milk: VWU

As you read Elder Vester's e-mail he mentions that his companion has been very sick. Well is his e-mail to me today he told me that his companion has Dengue, what is that you ask? This is what I found -

Dengue is an infection caused by a virus. You can get it if an infected mosquito bites you. Dengue does not spread from person to person. It is common in warm, wet areas of the world. Outbreaks occur in the rainy season. Dengue is rare in the United States.
Symptoms include a high fever, headaches, joint and muscle pain, vomiting, and a rash. In some cases, dengue turns into dengue hemorrhagic fever, which causes bleeding from your nose, gums, or under your skin. It can also become dengue shock syndrome, which causes massive bleeding and shock. These forms of dengue are life-threatening.
There is no specific treatment. Most people with dengue recover within 2 weeks. Until then, drinking lots of fluids, resting and taking non-aspirin fever-reducing medicines might help. People with the more severe forms of dengue usually need to go to the hospital and get fluids.

I just have to know that he is in the Lords hands and is serving on the Lords errands. He has been through a lot and yet he keeps going and has such a great attitude.

Enjoy his email!
**************************************************************

1.5 KILOS OF NESCAU FOR R$18 WITH SPECIAL CONTAINER~DOCE DOCE DOCE~
How much does Brasil love chocolate milk powder?
ENOUGH TO HAVE A SPECIAL. 1.5 KILOS OF NESCAU FOR R$18 WITH SPECIAL CONTAINER~DOCE DOCE DOCE~
There has been a lot of stormage going on here, too. The fog has been coming in super thick some mornings. I love it! Especially because Slenderman does not live in Brasil. luls. (If you don't know what Slenderman is, consider yourself lucky.)
So, This yellow jersey is 19 years old. It's beautiful, is it not?
This yellow jersey is 19 years old. It's beautiful, is it not?
I got it from a ward member. I'm kinda happy about it.
Poppin´ta colla'~
I've also learned how to make Brazilian bonbon filling. BEHOLD THE JEALOUSNESSSSS.

This week has been a good one! many challenges and struggles. All to make me a better person. I'm really loving it here in Cachoeiro, and I cherish the time I have had here. I know that the Lord is trying to shape me into the missionary he needs me to be, and that I'm getting there slowly. The Lord has lots of patience, because I'm far from what I know I should be. I know my time as a junior companion is coming to an end, and that I'll need to take responsibility for the Dupla here in the next few transfers. But, I'm doing my best. All in the time of the Lord.
My companion was pretty sick this week. We had to take it slow starting on Thursday, and Saturday he was so sick that Sister told us to stay in the house. I spent my time reading the Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith that day It's in Portuguese, and I'm very happy at the fact that I understand all of it. DOM DE LINGUAS. I also might have finished crocheting a new scarf; It's gray and beautiful. <3
We've had 17 news this week! I was very excited about that. Some of them are moley, but the others are very promising. I'm very excited to teach the Gospel to them. My companion was a huge trooper for a few days, and we've been blessed.
Quiroz is also a burro, and refused to take it easy until Sister Araújo (The President's wife, who takes care of our health and whatnot) tells him to stay put.
So, this week, it's become very clear to me, obedience is the first law of heaven. I've come to a better understanding this week of just how our obedience can affect our teaching. I was given the opportunity to recognize my pride this week, and I was shown how I can improve. Sure, I do my best to obey all the rules, and I mess up sometimes, but for some reason, a conversation my Trainer had with me came back to my mind. 
"It does not matter if we want to obey or not, it's if we want the blessings that comes from obedience. A missionary can't just say 'oh, I'm human, there is no way I can obey all the rules and commandments at the same time.' That's just an easy out, and justifying yourself. If you want to break rules, you'll loose the blessings the Lord has in store for you. Miracles only happen in response to exact obedience. Just remember that in your mission."
And so. As much as I would just love to pop open a tab to Youtube, and listen to my old asian music. (which I miss dearly. ;3; Miku~) I know that every Rule I obey, I receive a blessing.
I also learned just how powerful Testimonies are.
I was reading in Alma 30-31 today, and it really stood out to me just how powerful a testimony, and a promise made in the name of God can be. I know my Testimony has many ways that in can grow, and, I'm doing my best to help it become stronger. Just has Quinton L Cook (I think) said in the last conference
"The seed that was planted in my heart by the missionaries so long ago, has now grown into a Tree of Life."
I know The Lord Loves us, and only wants our progress; I know that the Lord will never give us a trial that we can never overcome. Sometimes, I am in awe of how much the Lord trusts in me. Cuz girl, let me tell you. I'm just a kid. And I'm grateful for the chance that the Lord is giving me to grow into a Man.
<3 I love you all.
Stay Beautiful.
Com Amor
I've also learned how to make Brazilian bonbon filling. BEHOLD THE JEALOUSNESSSSS.
Élder Vester







The fog has been coming in super thick some mornings. I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment