Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Week 12

Here is Elder Vester's letter for the week ~ enjoy!

Hello Everyone!
CTM People; Does anyone have Noggy´s address? Steve.Naugle is not working for some reason...
This week has been a little nuts. No Baptisms this week, but we have 3 lined up for this weekend!
And the computer keyboard I am using has something sticky inside it, so it´s super hard to type today. :D
My camera battery died last week, but I charged it all up, and I am sending every picture/video I have taken, and sending it to my mom. Fun times for all. :D
Some fun things about Brazil.
People here think I am Japanese; ´m not, but I´m totally OK with people asking. All my years of practice has paid off!
Internet cafes are called Lanhouses.
And American music is everywhere. I´ve heard Call Me Maybe about 9 times this week. :D It´s great.
I´m really enjoying the people. I´ve had the privilege of being taught by the elect here. Let me tell you about Lucimar, one of my favorite investigators. <3
She´s a 20 something, going to an online college, and loving life, and loving the Lord.
She is amazingly well versed in the scriptures. I understand about half of what she says, but I always love visiting her.
This last Sunday morning, she sent a text message to us saying "hey elders, I can´t make it to church today. A friend of mine called me last night and said he was coming over, but never told me what time. But, I am reading, pondering, and praying about the Book of Mormon, and I know God will answer my prayers. This will be a beautiful transformation for me, and I am excited. IN THE NAME OF JESUS!!"
Elder Jones and I laughed for a good 10 minutes. She´s so ready for the Gospel, and such an amazing person. I thank my Heavenly Father often for the experiences I have had here.

I am super grateful for everyone who sent me letters. <3 I look forward to writing replies today.
Kim, Lynn, I´m writing a joint letter to the both of you, and it´s being sent to the Kim, because I don´t have your mailing address. lol.

Life is good, and I am loving every minute of it; "Life is like a piece of cake. It´s crummy, but so sweet." (Elder Bean)
Till next week my friends!
Love all of you super much!
~Elder Vester
PS
SAY HAI TO ELDER JONES. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment