Monday, November 12, 2012

Week 10

Since this is the first time he got to e-mail out in the field, I wasn't sure what time he would be on. So first thing this morning when I got up (4:15 AM) I came downstairs and got my cell phone so I could see if I received an e-mail from Elder Vester while got ready for work. At 6:00 when I left still no word. About 5 minutes down the road I heard a "ding" and looked at my phone and sure enough it was Jacob. So I pulled over on Foothills and spent the next 45 minutes sending e-mails to him. It was great! New rules out in the field ~ he is not suppose to send e-mails to any but his family. He can write to everyone, just not e-mails.

Here is his e-mail from today, which is now his P-day.

Ola~
So, some new changes. I can´t email anyone other then family, but I can receive emails, and letters. ( I can also send letters to anyone.)
Thats really the only new change. SO I´m having my mom send this out for me. :D
Vitória is BEAUTIFUL!
My area is called Jargim andre caloni. Very hot area, but I love it! My area is about the size of Dewey.
We walk everywhere. I´ve had major Shin-splints for the last week. :D
My Companion is Elder Jones, from Washington. He´s been out for just over a year. Very tall, and has long legs. I have to jog to keep up with him. lol
We normally teach about 5-7 lessons a day. We have 4 people going to be baptized within the next 2 weeks or so. :D Very exciting stuff!
The ward we cover is wonderful. Everyone is so friendly, and patient with my horrible Portuguese.
The Ward Mission Leader, Mario, likes to go and teach lessons with us. I can understand his Portuguese sometimes, but that´s only because he´s around us a lot.
My companion and I speak almost always in Portuguese. It´s hard for me to hear and comprehend, but for the most part I understand nothing. :D It´s like week 1 back in the ctm!
All the members tell me to be patient, and listen, and I will pick up the language.
Everything is such a challenge for me right now. But I´m so glad I can be here!
I really miss the Washing Machines of the States. I have to hand wash my laundry in the sink, and then use the washer to rinse the soap out, and hang dry everything.
And our bathroom gets flooded with water. :D One of the glass pains in the shower broke several weeks ago, so every time we take a shower, the bathroom gets all wet.
Good times! :D
It´s very hot here. I sweat from the moment I get up, to when I go to bed. But, I´m sure I´ll adjust.
Anywhos~ Love all of you to death!
~Élder Vester

No comments:

Post a Comment