Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Countdown Week 2 ~ A Week of Service :VWU

I am so proud of Elder Vester for all that he has done and for hanging in there. There should be just one more email from him next week. Enjoy!
*****************************************************

So, I've noticed something interesting.
The longer I go, the more pain I have, and yet, the more spiritual the days become. 
This last week has been NOTHING but service. Haha. Monday was a holiday, so we spent it doing service and yard work for some elderly members in my branch . Tuesday was p-day, Wednesday, we also did more service. We cut about 6 chords of wood or so for a disabled man. (It was really neat. His daughter works for the member and investigator that we coordinated with to do the project, and she got so excited to know we would be getting wood for her Dad. Totally worth it.)
Thursday, we also spent the day splitting wood (following up from last Wednesday) with Brother Campbell. He's older, and pretty beat up, and needed to get his wood done before the cold rolls in. Friday, we had Zone meeting in Colville, and Saturday we did more yard work for less active members.
Every. Single. Day.
Most nights I was in so much pain I could hardly fall asleep till early morning. And finally, Sunday, I had had enough. I could hardly get up to go to sacrament. After sacrament, I asked for a ward member, and my companion to give me a blessing.
Through this priesthood blessing, I was able to understand a little better about what to do next.
I'm not doing any more service. The branch has really started to step up, and fill in the uselessness that I cause. Haha.
But, I know I can do this.
I have finally discussed this situation with my mission president, and he was really disappoint that i did not tell him about this sooner. I told him that I still had work to do, and things I needed to learn, and people I needed to see. I had to complete this work, and I would make any sacrifice necessary to do so.
He had no idea what to say to that. He just looked at me. He could hardly believe that I had gone the last 3 months in pain, because I needed to finish my mission.
So, I'm going to finish strong.
President is praying to see if he should send me home, but as of now, I'm being allowed to stay.
The members are amazing here, and doing anything they can to help. I love this place so much, and I can't wait to visit again after I am well.
So, I need to take my leave.
next week is my final email, and I can't wait!
I love you all so much, and I'll talk to you soon!
~Elder Vester
 
My last Zone photo. c:
I love these people!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment