Thursday, September 18, 2014

Countdown Week 1 ~ "This Was A Triumph. I'm Making A Note Here: Huge success" Vester's FINAL Update

Well this is Elder Vester's last week in his mission. I want to thank all of you that have keep him in your prayers while he has been out. He has grown spiritually as well as physically. We are very excited to welcome him home.
************************************

So, it's my last week! YEAH.
I've decided that if anyone asks me if I plan to go to the Young Single's Adult Ward, I'm just going to laugh maniacally, and walk away. I've decided that I need some time away from the YSA until I fully recover from the surgery. 
This last week has been well, hard. But, amazing in it's own rights. Monday, we had interviews, and I was able to say goodbye to a lot of the amazing missionaries in this zone. The rest of the week has kinda been a blur. I'm not sure what to really make of this. I'll finally be Jacob again by about 9:00 pm next Monday.
I'm excited, that's for sure. and at the same time, I don't feel like this is over. Haha. Like I have been doing this for so long, that I can't actually believe I have to change the routine again.
On my mission I've learned so much. I've had the pleasure to serve in 3 different missions, 3 different countries, in 2 different languages, with 19 companions, and 9 areas.
I have 4 journals, all of which I know will be a treasure to me later in life.
Sunday was a very emotional day for me. It was branch conference, so I had a chance to say goodbye to Stake President Stark, (I got to know him pretty well when I was in North Port.)
I was also asked to speak, literally right in the middle of Sacrament meeting, but I'm so grateful for that. I mostly talked about how much the Lord has been working in my life in the last 2 years, and how He's always these for us. I shared my "mission mottoes". I've never shared this on the blog, but there are two scriptures that are very special to me, and if you want to know them, you'll have to come to Homecoming!
I'm not sure when that would be, but you'll hear about it on facebook.
Well.
I guess it's time for me to close this.
I know the church is true, and this has been such a huge time of growth for me. I love this, and I will always be grateful for the people that have been faithful in supporting me through these two years.
Always.

"It's hard to understate my satisfaction." - Mom thought he colored his hair!

(Hair cut photos. Yes! That's sSster Bond, she does our haircuts for us, and it's awesome. <3)



No comments:

Post a Comment